From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Using Chukwa as monitoring tool.
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:57:58 GMT
Hi Akshay,

A) Yes.  You can use "add sigar.SystemMetrics SystemMetrics [interval] 0" to stream CPU state
at specified interval.  For example:

"add sigar.SystemMetrics SystemMetrics 5 0" without quotes will stream CPU state every 5 seconds.

B) Chukwa has a graphing tool built in which is called HICC.  It requires Hbase deployed in
order to use HICC.

However, agent is still required on the client machines.

Regards,
Eric