From Eric Fiala <e...@fiala.ca>
Subject Re: Using Chukwa as monitoring tool.
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:54:32 GMT
Akshay
It is possible to integrate data collected from chukwa collectors and
convert it to any format (dunno if code for RRD exists but writing the
conversion would be fairly trivial), however your requirement for an
agent-less setup cannot be filled by chukwa.

My understanding is that honu provides similar log harvesting functionality,
without the requirement for agents.

That said, ganglia is a fairly proven workhorse, out-of-box I have yet to
encounter a simpler technology that provides as much cluster-centric metrics
- unfortunately the agent is required.

hth,
EF