From Akshay Kumar <kumar.aks...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Chukwa as monitoring tool.
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:34:17 GMT
Hi,
I have a Hadoop installation, and I want to collect some basic OS level
metrics like  - cpu, memory, disk usage, and Hadoop metrics.

I have looked into Ganglia, but it requires installing agents on client
machines, which is what I want to avoid.

My queries:
a) Is this a fair use case for using chukwa? e.g. polling client machines
for CPU stats few times per minute?
b) Is it possible to integrate data collected from chukwa collectors in a
form readable by rrdtool kind of graphing tools on the server side?

Thanks,
Akshay