From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Data process for HICC
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:26:37 GMT
Chukwa agent is not running on your system.  Check agent log file to see why agent is not running.

Regards,
Eric

On 11/8/10 7:30 PM, "ZJL" <zhu121972@163.com> wrote:

Hi ecri:
    Telnent doesn’t work, I have tried so many times,in my system, I use the ssh to access
remote computer, how can I do by your mentioning method to check the adaptor list.thank you

From: chukwa-user-return-585-zhu121972=163.com@incubator.apache.org [mailto:chukwa-user-return-585-zhu121972=163.com@incubator.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Eric Yang
Sent: 2010年11月9日 2:28
To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Data process for HICC

Try:

telnet localhost 9093
list

See how many adaptor do you have on your machine?  For some reason, the ChuwaDailyRollingAppender
or Log4JMetricsContext is unable to talk to the agent to register the log files.

If it is working properly, you should see adaptor listed similar to this:

adaptor_217ea6590b5749d07394bb3522f93a58)  org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.adaptor.filetailer.CharFileTailingAdaptorUTF8NewLineEscaped
jvm 0 /chukwa/current/var/log/metrics/chukwa-hdfs-jvm-1285170111337.log 0
adaptor_e41369787a2b508486d0149f7b971223)  org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.adaptor.filetailer.CharFileTailingAdaptorUTF8NewLineEscaped
dfs 0 /chukwa/current/var/log/metrics/chukwa-hdfs-dfs-1283736356808.log 325440
adaptor_098cf71f98cfe22f630f6fcd6e4bedfb)  org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.adaptor.filetailer.CharFileTailingAdaptorUTF8NewLineEscaped
rpc 0 /chukwa/current/var/log/metrics/chukwa-hdfs-rpc-1283649648098.log 2838600

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Eric