From Min Zhou <coderp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: chukwa and Hadoop v0.19.x
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 07:36:18 GMT
Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, We assure Chukwa 0.4.0 is not  compatible with Hadoop
0.19.x now.
All agent will throw exception like below:
org/apache/hadoop/metrics/util/MetricsRegistry
   at org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.agent.metrics.AgentMetrics.<init>(AgentMetrics.java:32)
   at org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.agent.metrics.AgentMetrics.<clinit>(AgentMetrics.java:30)
   at org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.agent.ChukwaAgent.<clinit>(ChukwaAgent.java:63)
org.apache.hadoop.metrics.util.MetricsRegistry
   at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)

The class "MetricsRegistry" is not defined in Hadoop 0.19.x. Actually,
it's introduced in Hadoop 0.20.0.

There are a lot of refers to this this class in chukwa:

AgentActivityMBean.java (2 matches)
25: import org.apache.hadoop.metrics.util.MetricsRegistry;
30: public AgentActivityMBean(final MetricsRegistry mr, final String
serviceName) {
AgentMetrics.java (3 matches)
26: import org.apache.hadoop.metrics.util.MetricsRegistry;
32: public MetricsRegistry registry = new MetricsRegistry();
ChunkQueueActivityMBean.java (2 matches)
25: import org.apache.hadoop.metrics.util.MetricsRegistry;
30: public ChunkQueueActivityMBean(final MetricsRegistry mr, final
String serviceName) {
ChunkQueueMetrics.java (3 matches)
27: import org.apache.hadoop.metrics.util.MetricsRegistry;
32: public MetricsRegistry registry = new MetricsRegistry();
sender
metrics
HttpSenderActivityMBean.java (2 matches)
25: import org.apache.hadoop.metrics.util.MetricsRegistry;
32: public HttpSenderActivityMBean(final MetricsRegistry mr, final
String serviceName) {
HttpSenderMetrics.java (3 matches)
25: import org.apache.hadoop.metrics.util.MetricsRegistry;
30: public MetricsRegistry registry = new MetricsRegistry();

Regards,
Min