From "ZJL" <zhu121...@163.com>
Subject RE: Data process for HICC
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 10:42:25 GMT
Hi eric:
    Thank you for your instruction,I also hope the new release of Chukwa will come soon, but
I still have some questions in my chukwa deployment.
 1.in my chukwa system,the DFS metric cannot be scrapped, for example: DFS FS Name System
Metircs,DFS Name Node Metrics etc.
 2. "Error initializing ChukwaClient with list of currentlyregistered adaptors, clearing our
local list of adaptors" in log,do you know what deployment cause this problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: chukwa-user-return-579-zhu121972=163.com@incubator.apache.org [mailto:chukwa-user-return-579-zhu121972=163.com@incubator.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Eric Yang
Sent: 2010年11月6日 7:19
To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Data process for HICC

1. For system metrics, it is likely the output of sar and iostat do
not match of what Chukwa expects.  I found system utilities output to
be highly unreliable for scrapping.  Hence, in Chukwa trunk, I have
moved to Sigar for collecting system metrics.  This should improve the
problem that you were seeing.  Your original question is about node
activity, and HDFS heatmap.  Those metrics are not populated
automatically.  For node activity, Chukwa was based on Torque's
pbsnodes.  This is no longer a maintained path.  For HDFS heatmap, you
need to have hdfs client trace and mr client trace log files stream
through Chukwa in order to generate graph for those metrics.  There is
no aggregation script to down sample the data for hdfs heatmap,
therefore only the last 6 hours is visible, if client trace log files
are processed by Chukwa.  There is a lot of work to change aggregation
from SQL to Pig+HBase.  However, most of the work is waiting for Pig
0.8 to be release in order for Chukwa to start the implementation.
Therefore, you might need to wait for a while for the features to
appear.

2.  hourlyRolling and dailyRolling should run automatically after
starting with start-all.sh script.

regards,
Eric

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 4:24 AM, ZJL <zhu121972@163.com> wrote:
> HI eric:
> 1.In background,I have started dbAdmin and the dbAdmin.sh was running,otherwise the dbbase
would have nothing.in my database ,some of field record have no data. not all. "System metrics
collection may fail or be incomplete if your versions of sar and iostat do not match the ones
that Chukwa expects" this citation come
> from chukwa releasenotes, i suspect if my sysstat version of ubuntu is not match for
chukwa, if so, what can i do for that.
> 2.i don't know if hourlyRolling or dailyRolling automatically run,after starting bin/start-all.sh

On Behalf Of Eric Yang