From Stuti Awasthi <Stuti_Awas...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: How to use metadata sent by agent to collector
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:32:41 GMT
Hi Bill,

I wanted to access the "maps : " fileds
"mapFields": {

"capp": "/home/hadoop/xend.log",
"csource": "iaas-1-0-16-3e-45-46-7d.iaas.torolab.ibm.com",
"ctags": " cluster=\"chukwa",
 "body" : "xyz"
}

I checked that ChunkImpl class sets all these values. I am looking into the correct code?
If yes, I can use relevant key value pair from here.

Please Suggest
Regards
Stuti

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Graham [mailto:billgraham@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 9:55 PM
To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to use metadata sent by agent to collector

Can you be more specific regarding what you're trying to do? The
ServlerCollector, Demux and Processor classes all have access to the
Chunk object which encapsulated the fields you list, so it's not clear
what field access you're missing.

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 6:15 AM, Stuti Awasthi
<Stuti_Awasthi@persistent.co.in> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I noticed that when agent sends chunks to collector it also sends the
> metadata along with it, but in demux.java class , we are just dealing with
> the record entry that comes from agent.
>
> How can I use this metadata information that is sent by agent to collector
> also on collector side.
>

> Example , each chunk sends the meta data given as below , how can I use
> other fields like Key  or capp on my collector side.
>
> {
>
>     "DataType": "logtype",
>
>     "Key":
> "1285916400000/iaas-1-0-16-3e-45-46-7d.iaas.torolab.ibm.com/1285917710741",
>
>     "Timestamp": 1285917710741,
>
>     "mapFields": {
>
>   "capp": "/home/hadoop/xend.log",
>
>   "csource": "iaas-1-0-16-3e-45-46-7d.iaas.torolab.ibm.com",
>
>   "ctags": " cluster=\"chukwa",
>
>  "body" : "xyz"
>
> }
>

> Any pointers will be helpful.
>

> Regards
>
> Stuti Awasthi
>
> DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential
> information which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended
> only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain,
> this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for
> virus infected mails.

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.