From Stuti Awasthi <Stuti_Awas...@persistent.co.in>
Subject How to use metadata sent by agent to collector
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 13:15:34 GMT
Hi all,

I noticed that when agent sends chunks to collector it also sends the metadata along with
it, but in demux.java class , we are just dealing with the record entry that comes from agent.
How can I use this metadata information that is sent by agent to collector also on collector
side.

Example , each chunk sends the meta data given as below , how can I use other fields like
Key  or capp on my collector side.
{
    "DataType": "logtype",
    "Key": "1285916400000/iaas-1-0-16-3e-45-46-7d.iaas.torolab.ibm.com/1285917710741",
    "Timestamp": 1285917710741,
    "mapFields": {
  "capp": "/home/hadoop/xend.log",
  "csource": "iaas-1-0-16-3e-45-46-7d.iaas.torolab.ibm.com",
  "ctags": " cluster=\"chukwa",
 "body" : "xyz"
}

Any pointers will be helpful.