From Jerome Boulon <jbou...@netflix.com>
Subject Re: Problems in reloading the collectors
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 06:16:01 GMT
Did you change the right collector list? In the right folder on agent side?

 /Jerome

On Sep 15, 2010, at 23:04, "Stuti Awasthi" <Stuti_Awasthi@persistent.co.in<mailto:Stuti_Awasthi@persistent.co.in>>
wrote:

Hi All,

I was trying to modify the collector list dynamically through reloading the collectors on
agent side . I am using chukwa0.4 version. As it is mentioned in “Chukwa Agent Setup Guide”
that reloadcollectors will re-read list of collectors.

Here what I am exactly doing :

1)      Start the agent with some “X” collectors.

2)      Update the conf/collectors file with “Y” collector entry and removing “X”
collector entry.

3)      Doing telnet to port 9093

4)      Firing command “reloadcollectors”.

After reloading the collectors I got the response as “OK reloadCollectors done”. But when
I check my agents logs I find that agent is still trying to connect to old collector “X”
and does not connect to new collector

Do I need to do anything more to add collectors dynamically to agent side. Please suggest

Thanks
Stuti

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which
is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual