From Corbin Hoenes <cor...@tynt.com>
Subject Re: Running demuxer on a machine other than master
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 14:07:38 GMT
Shreya -

Yes we have 3 collectors running, all are dedicated to chukwa and don't serve any hadoop purpose
(other than writing to hdfs).

On Aug 9, 2010, at 6:19 AM, Shreya Chakravarty wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can we have demuxer running on a  machine which is not a master node(containing namenode),
i.e.  can demuxer run on a machine other than collector or the one that has namenode.

> Regards,
> Shreya
> DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information
which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual