From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Securing the Communication
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:53:08 GMT
Hi James,

Communication between agent and collector is HTTP POST.  Therefore it¹s
fairly easy to add SSL encryption on top.  In Chukwa Agent code, there is a
class called
org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.sender.ChukwaHttpSender.java.  This
is where to begin the modification to turn it into https communication.  For
collector, the package is located in
org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.collector.  We currently have no
plan to implement SSL certificate management for Chukwa Agent and collector,
but proposal is welcome.

Regards,
Eric