From William Bajzek <williambaj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What to do after database failures?
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 21:26:33 GMT
Hi Eric,

I'm not sure how many people are really using MySQL in this capacity. I know that one of the
other people who has posted to the mailing list about i recently is my coworker, so it's possible
that our recent activity is giving the impression of more demand than there really is. Our
client is a big corporation who plans to use Chukwa this way and I'm working on a patch for
them that does as you say. It is pretty small and straightforward. What would be a good way
to contribute it back to the community?

On Jul 23, 2010, at 9:58 AM, Eric Yang wrote:

> MetricDataLoader can be modified to throw IOException to the executor class
> MetricDataLoaderPool, which can throw exception to PostProcessor Manager.
> PostProcessorManager moves the data to a temp directory.  The retry logic
> can be added to PostProcessorManager by counting the number of retry with
> the error out sequence file before sending it to InError directory.  It
> should be the better route to manages error conditions.
>
> It seems like a lot of people are using MySQL part of Chukwa.  I am
> wondering what are the use cases?  If we can have a driver on this part of
> the project, it could be better supported without fragment the community.

- William Bajzek
williambajzek@gmail.com