From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Why ChukwaRecord have only Key:Value as Strings
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:35:31 GMT
Initially, ChukwaRecord only supports String because it was made to process
text log file.  We were naïve to think that we can use JSON for all our
data.  There is a plan to use Avro instead of supporting generic types when
Avro mapreduce input/output format is ready next month.  This provides
better meta data support inside the data for the processing system.

Regards,
Eric