From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa questions
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 16:19:33 GMT
Howdy!

This question should probably go to the Chukwa-user list, not the Hadoop lists.

You do not need Hadoop on the machines with Chukwa agents. You don't
even technically need it on the machines hosting collectors -- you can
point a collector at a Hadoop cluster across the network, if you like.
Although best practice is to put collectors on machines that also have
Hadoop DataNodes.

"Hadoop" per se mostly refers to mapreduce + HDFS.