From William Bajzek <williambaj...@gmail.com>
Subject What to do after database failures?
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 03:25:49 GMT
Hello. I'm working with a modified version of the chukwa trunk which outputs mysql using the
MetricDataLoader. Before suggesting the obvious, these things are out of my control :)

I'm just exploring how Chukwa handles various error conditions. For instance, if the chukwa
machine lost contact with the mysql server because of a network failure and the MDL threw
an error. My assumption was that on a subsequent running of the MDL, when the database was
available again, it would pick up processing where it left off. That doesn't seem to be the
case, though. Can anyone tell me how to recover from such an error?

- William Bajzek
williambajzek@gmail.com