From Gerrit van Vuuren <gvanvuu...@specificmedia.com>
Subject Re: Adaptor configuration problem
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 07:31:25 GMT
Hi,

The dirtailing adaptor takes the directory and file glob (*.log, this is based on the apache
commons) as 2 parameters. Make sure there is a space.

I'm not sure way the agent collects the hadoop logs. Make sure you didn't add in the chukwa
hadoop metrics config.

________________________________
From: 周鹏 <zhoupeng19850225@gmail.com>
To: chukwa-user@hadoop.apache.org <chukwa-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Mon Jun 07 08:10:00 2010
Subject: Adaptor configuration problem

Hi,I want to monitoring logs in the dir:/home/rmss/wwwgatta/,and there are two types of
log in it,such as
  gatta.log,   gatta.log.2010-05-24.
My initial_adaptors is:
  add DirTailingAdaptor logs /home/rmss/wwwgatta/ *.log  filetailer.CharFileTailingAdaptorUTF8
0

When I start agent,the agent.log says that the adaptor has a  invalid param:  /home/rmss/wwwgatta/
*.log.

  The second problem is:
The agent collected the log in the HADOOP_HOME/logs/,but i didn't put the dir int the initial_adaptors.How
can i only monitoring the two types of log in the
 /home/rmss/wwwgatta/??

Thanks!