From Corbin Hoenes <cor...@tynt.com>
Subject Re: SocketTeeWriter
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 18:24:39 GMT
Eric,

Thanks you guys are spot on with your analysis of our demux issue--right now we have a single
data type.  We can probably split that into two different types later but still won't help
much until the partitioning is either pluggable or somewhat configurable as CHUKWA-481 states.

My questions about the Tee are more related to low latency requirements of creating more realtime
like feeds of our data.  My initial thought is that if I could get data out of hadoop in 10
or 5 minute intervals that it might be "good enough" for this so I was interested in speeding
up demux a bit.  But now I think the right thing will be using the Tee and getting the data
into a different system to create these feeds and let hadoop handle the large scale analysis
only.

The Tee seems perfect...will have to try it out hoping to get feedback from people that are
using it like this.  Sounds like Ari does.