From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Begin a discussion about Chukwa as a top level project
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 20:31:03 GMT
For building an end to end data collection, analysis and visualization
system for distributed system, there are many components that are not in the
Hadoop ecosystem.  For example, Post processed data could load to hbase
voldemort, mysql, hive, or pig+zebra.  Each component is targeted toward
different type of use cases.  Chukwa collector could run as jetty webservers
or replaced with tomcat.  For having many swappable components, it may make
more sense to have Chukwa as a top level project.  This is the reason that I
vote for TLP.

Regards,
Eric