From Kirk True <k...@mustardgrain.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa can't find Demux class
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:16:34 GMT
Hi Eric,

On 4/28/10 10:23 AM, Eric Yang wrote:
> Hi Kirk,
>
> Is the ownership of the jar file setup correctly as the user that runs
> demux?

When browsing via the NameNode web UI, it lists permissions of
"rw-r--r--" and "kirk" as the owner (which is also the user ID running
the Hadoop and Chukwa processes).

>    You may find more information by looking at running mapper task or
> reducer task, and try to find out the task attempt shell script.

Where is the task attempt shell script located?

>    Make sure
> the files are downloaded correctly from distributed cache, and referenced in
> the locally generated jar file.  Hope this helps.

Sorry for asking such basic questions, but where is the locally
generated JAR file found? I'm assuming under /tmp/hadoop-<user>, by
default? I saw one file named job_<timstamp>.jar but it appeared to be a
byte-for-byte copy of chukwa-core-0.4.0.jar, i.e. my "XmlBasedDemux"
class was nowhere to be found.

Thanks,
Kirk