From Kirk True <k...@mustardgrain.com>
Subject Embedding Chukwa agent/adapter?
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 06:33:07 GMT
Hi all,

We'd like to push data to the collectors straight from our application
as it receives data from its clients. In a sense we'd like to embed a
Chukwa agent and our adapters inside our web application. Does this make
sense or is this approach flawed in some way? Otherwise we'd have to
save the data to a file in a shared directory that's then picked up by a
stand-alone Chukwa agent via a 'file tailer' or something. Or do we want
to use the UDPAdaptor and proxy our data to it, which in turn forwards
it to the collector?

Thanks,
Kirk