From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: How to set up HDFS -> MySQL from trunk?
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:06:21 GMT
Hi Kirk,

1. Host select is currently showing hostname collected from SystemMetrics
table, hence, you need to have top, iostat, df, sar collected to populate
SystemMetrics table correctly.  The hostname is also cached in the user
session, hence you will need to “switch to a different cluster, and switch
back” or restart hicc to flush the cached hostnames from user session.  The
hostname selector probably should pickup hostname from a different data
source in the future release.

2.  The server should run in UTC.  Timezone was never implemented
completely.  Hence, server in other timezone will not work correctly.

3. SQL aggregator (deprecated by the way) running as part of dbAdmin.sh,
this subsystem will down sample data from weekly table to monthly, yearly,
decade tables.  I wrote this submodule over a weekend for prototype show and
tell.  I strongly recommend to avoid SQL part of Chukwa all together.

Regards,
Eric