From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Hbase over Chukwa demux
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:54:32 GMT
Hi Oded,

Current Chukwa Demux uses one reducer per record type for output.  It
depends on your data model.  It may be worth while to look into running
multiple reducer per recordtype, if your data has a lot of record for a
single data type.  I think the conf.setNumReduceTasks is specified in
org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.extraction.demux.Demux.java.  You can set more if
you don't use ChukwaRecord after demux.

The current demux needs some major update to improve, and patches are
welcome.  :)

Regards,
Eric