From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: How to set up HDFS -> MySQL from trunk?
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:47:43 GMT
Hi Kirk,

I am working on a design which removes MySQL from Chukwa.  I am making this
departure from MySQL because MDL framework was for prototype purpose.  It
will not scale in production system where Chukwa could be host on large
hadoop cluster.  HICC will serve data directly from HDFS in the future.

Meanwhile, the dbAdmin.sh from Chukwa 0.3 is still compatible with trunk
version of Chukwa.  You can load ChukwaRecords using
org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.dataloader.MetricDataLoader class or mdl.sh from
Chukwa 0.3.

MetricDataLoader class will be mark as deprecated, and it will not be
supported once we make transition to Avro + Tfile.

Regards,
Eric