From Guillermo Pérez <bi...@tuenti.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion for changing the way for setting the cluster
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:54:08 GMT
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 07:10, Ariel Rabkin <asrabkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the overall concept is sound.  However, I think tagsField is
> worth keeping around.

Ok, I have created a ticket for this:

https://cwiki.apache.org/jira/browse/CHUKWA-462

The 3rd version of the patch keeps the tagsField if has contents. It
just strips the cluster part. If the final string is non empty, is
transmitted to the Chukwa Record.

I have tweaked also the regular expression for the cluster extraction
from tags. The (.*)?cluster= also matches mycluster=. My proposal uses
\W? (non-word characters, like space, tab, start of line...).

--
Guille -ℬḭṩḩø- <bisho@tuenti.com>
:wq