From Kirk True <k...@mustardgrain.com>
Subject Re: How to set up HDFS -> MySQL from trunk?
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:15:40 GMT
Hi Eric,

I believe I have most of steps 1-5 working. Data from "/usr/bin/df" is
being collected, parsed, stuck into HDFS, and then pulled out again and
placed into MySQL. However, HICC isn't showing me my data just yet...

The disk_2098_week table is filled out with several entries and looks
great. If I select my cluster from the "Cluster Selector" and "Last 12
Hours" from the "Time" widget, the "Disk Statistics" widget still says
"No Data available."

It appears to be because part of the SQL query includes the host name
which is coming across in the SQL parameters as "". However, since the
disk_2098_week table properly includes the host name, nothing is
returned by the query. Just for grins, I updated the table manually in
MySQL to blank out the host names and I get a super cool, pretty graph
(which looks great, BTW).

Additionally, if I select other time periods such as "Last 1 Hour", I
see the query is using UTC or something (at 1:00 PDT, I see the query is
using a range of 19:00-20:00). However, the data in MySQL is based on
PDT, so no matches are found. It appears that the "time_zone" session
attribute contains the value "UTC". Where is this coming from and how
can I change it?

Problems:

   1. How do I get the "Hosts Selector" in HICC to include my host name
      so that the generated SQL queries are correct?
   2. How do I make the "time_zone" session parameter use PDT vs. UTC?
   3. How do I populate the other tables, such as "disk_489_month"?

Thanks,
Kirk