From "Smith Hua" <smi...@sz.webex.com>
Subject re:re:why mysql db no data
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:07:14 GMT
Thanks for your reply, Eric

I found the systemDataLoader.sh may be the new one like systemMetrics.sh in 0.3.0

And which shell is used to collect hadoop metrics in 0.3.0

I installed chukwa on one agent without hadoop environment, can i use systemMetrics.sh to
collect

system information

with the configure to collect hadoop metrics, need to configure like

   1. Copy CHUKWA_HOME/conf/hadoop-log4j.properties file to HADOOP_HOME/conf/log4j.properties

   2. Copy CHUKWA_HOME/conf/hadoop-metrics.properties file to HADOOP_HOME/conf/hadoop-metrics.properties

   3. Edit HADOOP_HOME/conf/hadoop-metrics.properties file and change @CHUKWA_LOG_DIR@ to
your actual CHUKWA log dirctory (ie, CHUKWA_HOME/var/log)

But when restart the start-mapred.sh , catch the exception

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate class [org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.inputtools.log4j.ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender].

xx1-19: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.inputtools.log4j.ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender

xx1-19:         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)

xx1-19:         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

xx1-19:         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

xx1-19:         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)

xx1-19:         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

xx1-19:         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)

xx1-19:         at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

xx1-19:         at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)

But the daemon can still work, does this matter in running hadoop?