From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to integrate syslog-ng with chukwa
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:14:33 GMT
Hmm.

What you propose would certainly work. However, the whole
agent-collector pipeline isn't really necessary if your data already
comes in biggish files.  You might try out the Backfilling loader
instead. (bin/backfill.sh)  The code is in
org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.tools.backfilling.BackfillingLoader, if you
need to read it. The idea is that you point it at a file, and it
copies that file directly into HDFS, appropriately formatted for
Chukwa.

One warning. The backfilling loader was developed to meet the needs of
a particular site. Since it's a sort of special-purpose thing, we
haven't yet written the documentation.  You might be the second person
to use it in production.

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com