From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: who transfers the data?
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:07:14 GMT
There is one connection from the agent to a collector, that carries
all the data coming from that agent.

A collector can saturate the single-writer bandwidth of HDFS -- call
it 20-40 MB/sec.  If you have a single agent writing a large fraction
of that, say more than 4 MB/sec, then Chukwa is probably not solving
your problem anyway.

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department