From MJ Lai <mjla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's Chukwa for?
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 23:42:51 GMT

Eric, Ari.

Thanks for your responses.

I have some extended questions. I'm trying to figure out what is the
best way to manage a production hadoop cluster, features include:
- deployment: install hadoop from one console;
- monitoring
- configure
- log/system analytics
- software upgrade
- etc.

It seems Ganglia/Nagio are widely used to monitor hadoop cluster
metrics, and Chukwa is for log analytics. But still, it is a pain to
manage/configure a hadoop cluster.

Since Chukwa has an agent installed in each endpoint, do you have any
plan to build it as a universal platform for hadoop management?

Thanks.
MJ