From MJ Lai <mjla...@gmail.com>
Subject What's Chukwa for?
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 23:30:49 GMT

Hi.

It is another ``what for'' question.

I went thru the chukwa web site and am still kind of confused by what is
software really for. Can I say the major purpose is to provide 1) a
generic distributed log processing system, or 2) this log system is only
for Hadoop cluster? In case of 1), why do we want to make it tightly
bound to Hadoop?

Assume we have a 100-machine cluster (no hadoop), if I deploy Chukwa to
process the cluster logs, I still need to create another hadoop cluster
to make it work?

I think some practical use cases could reduce the confusions of this
this project.

Thanks.
MJ