incubator-chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From David Caruana <david.caru...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Iterable
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 09:36:56 GMT

On 5 May 2010, at 09:59, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did fix this issue and decided to re-name the Iterable to ItemIterable. I'm not sure
if we have a consensus on the naming, but the naming can change again easily.

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-200
>
> Furthermore I would like to support Florents idea to eliminate the Iterator interface
and would propose the following:

If you mean collapse Iterator and Iterable then +1.

> ItemIteraror to be eliminated
>        long getPosition() -> eliminate method, only required for implementation

+1

>        long getPageNumItems() -> eliminate -> no use case

The use case is to determine how many items are in the collection backed by the iterator without
iterating through them all first. For example, to display the number of items (or range of
items) in the current page of query results. I don't know of any other way.

>        ling getTotalNumItems() -> move to ItemIterable

+1