incubator-chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From David Caruana <david.caru...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: OpenCMIS Browser
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 14:19:41 GMT

On 4 May 2010, at 15:11, Florian Müller wrote:

> I agree that a browser and a shell would be good, but the current browser doesn't use
the API at all. It's completely separate and therefore not a sample for API features. But
I'm fine with keeping it inside OpenCMIS. It's a handy tools sometimes.

Of course. I already have it in my mind that it would be ported :-)

> @Nuxeo: Are you going to port your shell implementation to the OpenCMIS client API?
>

> Florian

of the OpenCMIS sub-project. I would also include the shell too.

> The reasons for this are:
>
> * ties the browser and shell to the opencmis release schedule
> * the browser and shell focus on breadth
> * the browser and shell act as samples for all api features
> * ...
>
> Dave
>
> On 4 May 2010, at 12:09, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What about to have a sub project "misc" for miscellaneous that can be used for tools,
utils, demo, proof of concept ... stuff? The sub project "misc" is never intended to be released
and will get limited support. I don't know if this fits to Apache rules or is a common practice
to keep such things like OpenCMIS Browser.

>> Regards,
>> Stephan

or the server. Should we remove it from OpenCMIS and make it a separate subproject of Chemistry?