incubator-chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From David Caruana <david.caru...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: OpenCMIS Browser
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 13:43:53 GMT
I'm not too keen on a misc project - other projects have a sandbox area for experimentation.

Re: the browser, I do think it would be good to include an "official" browser as part of the
OpenCMIS sub-project. I would also include the shell too.

The reasons for this are:

* ties the browser and shell to the opencmis release schedule
* the browser and shell focus on breadth
* the browser and shell act as samples for all api features
* ...

Dave

On 4 May 2010, at 12:09, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What about to have a sub project "misc" for miscellaneous that can be used for tools,
utils, demo, proof of concept ... stuff? The sub project "misc" is never intended to be released
and will get limited support. I don't know if this fits to Apache rules or is a common practice
to keep such things like OpenCMIS Browser.

> Regards,
> Stephan

or the server. Should we remove it from OpenCMIS and make it a separate subproject of Chemistry?