incubator-chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <fmuel...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Iterable
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 15:10:37 GMT
I can create a first release documentation draft for further discussions.
We can decide later who eventually performs the release steps.

- Florian

-----Original Message-----
From: Florent Guillaume [mailto:fg@nuxeo.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2010 15:22
To: chemistry-dev
Subject: Re: Iterable

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 11:36 AM, David Caruana
<david.caruana@alfresco.com> wrote:
> On 5 May 2010, at 09:59, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:
>> I did fix this issue and decided to re-name the Iterable to ItemIterable. I'm not
sure if we have a consensus on the naming, but the naming can change again easily.
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-200
>> Furthermore I would like to support Florents idea to eliminate the Iterator interface
and would propose the following:

>>        long getPosition() -> eliminate method, only required for implementation

Well, it can be useful to know the current position of an iterable
that's being passed around between methods. And the implementation is
basically free :) So I'd like to add it back at some point in the
future.

Florent

PS: sorry I haven't been more active these days, I'm kept from doing
Chemistry work by other engagements. I'll also be away from May 15th
to 22nd so if someone thinks he'll do a better jobs shepherding the
first release please go ahead :)