incubator-chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <fmuel...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: OpenCMIS Browser
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 14:11:52 GMT
I agree that a browser and a shell would be good, but the current browser doesn't use the API
at all. It's completely separate and therefore not a sample for API features. But I'm fine
with keeping it inside OpenCMIS. It's a handy tools sometimes.

@Nuxeo: Are you going to port your shell implementation to the OpenCMIS client API?

Florian

-----Original Message-----
From: David Caruana [mailto:david.caruana@alfresco.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 4. Mai 2010 15:44
To: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: OpenCMIS Browser

I'm not too keen on a misc project - other projects have a sandbox area for experimentation.

Re: the browser, I do think it would be good to include an "official" browser as part of the
OpenCMIS sub-project. I would also include the shell too.

The reasons for this are:

* ties the browser and shell to the opencmis release schedule
* the browser and shell focus on breadth
* the browser and shell act as samples for all api features
* ...

Dave

On 4 May 2010, at 12:09, Klevenz, Stephan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What about to have a sub project "misc" for miscellaneous that can be used for tools,
utils, demo, proof of concept ... stuff? The sub project "misc" is never intended to be released
and will get limited support. I don't know if this fits to Apache rules or is a common practice
to keep such things like OpenCMIS Browser.

> Regards,
> Stephan

or the server. Should we remove it from OpenCMIS and make it a separate subproject of Chemistry?