incubator-chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject Build failure with fresh maven repo
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 20:36:58 GMT
Hi Chemistries,

I detected a build failure caused by some outdated dependencies in our pom.xmls.

It concerns me a bit that these kind of errors remain undetected in our complete build and
verification chain.

The problem is that after a refactoring the maven repository is not cleared and keeps all
artifacts that ever have been produced. So all our builds internally and on Hudson succeed
even if a pom.xml is invalid. If someone builds from scratch however the build fails.

It seems to be good idea to manually clear the chemistry branch in the maven repository after
any change in the dependencies. Perhaps there is a better way to address this kind of problem?
Is there something like mvn uninstall perhaps?

Jens