incubator-chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Accept the cmislib contribution (CMIS-107)
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:15:46 GMT
Hi,

As discussed earlier, Jeff Potts is willing to contribute his cmislib
codebase to Chemistry. The contribution is now available for review in
CMIS-107 [1]. We still need to complete the IP clearance process [2]
for the code, but meanwhile I'd like to ask the Chemistry community to
vote on accepting this contribution. Since Jeff is willing to continue
working on the code, I'm also proposing that we grant him committer
and PPMC member status in Chemistry. With this vote the Chemistry
project decides to take organizational responsibility over the cmislib
codebase.

So, please vote on accepting the cmislib contribution and granting
committer and PPMC member status to Jeff Potts, on the condition that
the IP clearance passes without problems. This vote is open for the
next 72 hours, with binding votes from the Chemistry PPMC members
(committers + mentors).

    [ ] +1 Accept the cmislib contribution and grant committer
           and PPMC member status to Jeff Potts, assuming the
           IP clearance passes

    [ ] -1 Don't accept the codebase and/or grant committership, because...

My vote is +1.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-107
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

PS. Usually its recommended to use the private (P)PMC list for votes
on committership, but since this case is tied to the acceptance of the
cmislib contribution and no notable concerns were raised earlier I'm
conducting this vote on this public list. Please use the private list
if you have any concerns that you'd rather not want the whole world to
see.

BR,

Jukka Zitting