incubator-chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Chemistry documentation page
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:05:18 GMT
Hi Gabriele,

thanks for this fast feedback. Actually we started with maven site but transferred our stuff
to Confluence. The mvn site seems not to be very convenient for larger documentation work.
Each typo fix needs a complete recompilation for seeing what you have written. You also need
svn access for fixes. Confluence offers more comfort and better tooling imho. Personally I
would appreciate if the barrier to provide useful documentation is not too high.

Are there any guidelines how Apache projects use these tools and what belongs where? Are there
any plans how the others want to make use of it?

Thanks Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriele Columbro [mailto:columbro@gmail.com]
Sent: Freitag, 12. Februar 2010 09:48
To: chemistry-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Chemistry documentation page

Hi Jens,
I see the wiki actually as more developers/design documentation while
I see the comprehensive and structured documentation as perfect fit
for the Maven site capabilities.

That would automatically generate a default documentation site (with
selected reports) per every module + every custom documentation page
you write in the src/site folder of that module.

What do also the others think?

Ciao!
Gab

--