From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject [DISCUSS] Graduating to a TLP
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 12:08:08 GMT
Hi all,

Now that we are in the final steps of a new release (I am waiting a bit on
the addition of the Shared Memory RSA), I'd like to discuss graduation.

Looking over the past couple of years, I feel that the Celix project has
shown enough to be able to graduate. Looking at [1] we did the following:
* Create a release
* Create an open and diverse community
* Show that we understand the Apache Way

At the moment we have 2 active committers, but a third is underway (waiting
on addition to the incubator group). This gives us the 3 needed committers.
On thing that concerns me a bit is that at the moment these committers come
from 2 companies, a bit more diversity here would be nice to have. But in
my opinion this doesn't have to be an issue for graduation.

Why I'd like to graduate now is for multiple reasons:
* Shows more maturity to the users of Celix
* Makes it easier to handle code donations
* Makes it easier to add new committers
(in both cases because we don't have to rely on our mentors anymore)

So I'd like to hear what others think of this. Please note, this isn't a
vote yet, merely a discussion to see if we should start the graduation
process or not.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis