From Björn Petri <>
Subject logging to syslog
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 10:26:22 GMT

Hi All,

After having all log levels now prefixed, we implemented a log_writer
which writes to syslog. Unfortunately I cannot use the facility levels
yet due to the (existing) log_service interface:

Within the syslog call itself, the facility and the log levels are
combined within one integer. The current log_service implementation only
uses a log_level, represented by an enum. Hence, when using an int
instead of this enum  I could be able to use the same approach as syslog
does. All log messages without a dedicated facility code could be logged
as LOG_USER (I think this would be default syslog behaviour anyway).

What would speak against changing this? I would appreciate any ideas on
that topic.

Another opportunity would be - of course - to have a separate
logService_syslog, which provides the needed interface.

View raw message