From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: C++ celix
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2013 19:43:44 GMT

Sorry for not responding earlier, the christmas holidays have been
interrupting my work ;).

2013/12/24 Mostafa Khosrownejad <>

> Dear all
> My name is Mostafa Khosrownejad. I am working in the field of
> computational sciences. I am interested in the c++ implementation of Celix.
> Is there any idea in that direction or any plan for near future to add this
> to Celix? If there is a plan for that I might be able to donate some of my
> time for implementation.

At this moment Celix is specifically a C implementation, but together with
[1] and [2] we started a common basis for a shared C/C++ OSGi
implementation. This work has evolved into the writing of an OSGi RFP with
the intent to write a specification for Native OSGi (C and C++). This RFP
can be found at [3].

So even though there is no C++ code yet, I personally would like to extent
the scope of the project and get C++ in here as well. Together with nOStrum
and the CTK plugin framework there is already something to start with. The
Native OSGi RFP has been written using ideas from Celix and those 2
projects, and both Steffen (from nOStrum) and Sascha (CTK Plugin Framework)
like the idea of having one project for both C and C++.

Having said all this, any help is welcome! Do you have anything specific
you can/want to do?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis