From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: celix log levels
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:15:28 GMT
Hi all,

>> This doesn't improve readability of the code and I personally think that
>> it is not likely to happen. And following the reasoning, what if the
>> external library is a OSGI library? That might still lead to problems. So
>> personally i am against it.
My concern too.. So I am open for suggestions ;).

> I agree. In my opinion, having the {NAME}_{VALUE} (e.g.
> should be sufficient.

I do like to prefix them with OSGI_ to make clear they are taken from the
OSGi spec. And even though this doesn't fully cover all cases I think this
is good enough. If for any reason someone has a problem, it is simple
enough to wrap an enum into some other names.

So if you have the time feel free to create an issue and patch. If time is
an issue, try to make an issue, I think I can pick it up somewhere early
next week

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis