From Björn Petri <>
Subject Re: Remote service using shared mem
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 08:11:38 GMT

I updated the rs shared memory implementation to

(1) use System-V shared memory routines instead of ones from APR,
(2) make use of your install_bundles macro,
(3) perform some necessary cleanup when the exported service is stopped
(This is also missing in the "standard"-rsa implementation). See
remoteServiceAdmin_removeExportedService function for details,
(4) get rid of the linking of the example_proxy against the rsa_shm,
(5) and fixed some minor bugs.

looking forward to your feedback,

Am 2013-09-27 16:11, schrieb Alexander Broekhuis:
> 2013/9/27 Björn Petri <>
>> On 09/18/2013 06:29 PM, Alexander Broekhuis wrote:
>>> I checked it, and there are some small leftovers in the code. The
>>> proxy
>>> still includes the rsa and also links with the library.
>> How do you want to get rid of this dependency? The proxy needs to
>> include
>> definition of the remote_proxy_service as well as the rsa does. Do I
>> miss
>> something?
> Since the proxy now uses the function pointer and only the service
> struct
> of the RSA it only needs the header files (as far as I can tell).
> Also,
> with the concept of bundles, and Celix not supporting code-sharing at
> this
> point, bundles (actually the library in it) should never link to a
> library
> of any other bundle.
> Libraries are loaded locally, so the symbols aren't shared with
> others. So
> this means that if you link with another bundle, at runtime there
> will be
> unresolved references. Hence the need for services (structs with
> function
> pointers) etc.

View raw message