From Pepijn Noltes <>
Subject Re: Remote Services embedded Mongoose
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 19:01:40 GMT
Hi All,

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM,  <> wrote:
> Hello,
>> Hi all,
>> I am looking into the RSA again, and wanted to upgrade the embedded
>> mongoose. But apparently some time ago they changed the license to GPL (it
>> used to be MIT) [1], so that means the latest Mongoose is a no-go for us..
>> So I basically see 2 (or 3) options:
>> * Leave the code as is
>>   I don't like this option, for me the current Mongoose code doesn't work.
>> I haven't investigated this yet..
>> * Search for an alternative
>> * Fork the latest MIT based revision of mongoose
>>   This is already done by [2], I haven't looked at it yet..
> As far as I know Pepijn is working on the RSA to change it to work with
> transport services. This would allow us to replace Mongoose with something
> else to do the transport, so searching for an alternative on HTTP or
> another form of transport would be the best choice I think.

Yes i'm still working on that, but on a longer timeframe. I currently
experimenting with some code generation from OMG IDL to service
headers and endpoint/proxies. When I'm more sure what in my opinion
the design should be I will post something about that and expect that
we still need to discuss if that is agreeable solution.

Meanwhile the work of Bjorn, Alexander and I is leading to a
separation that transport aspect is being handle in the RSA and
serialisation is done in the endpoints/proxies. And at least for now
that is good path to follow. Also we should support HTTP (RESTlike)
and JSON if we want to communicate with the RSA Java implementation of
Amdatu Remote Services.

>> Does anyone else have an idea or thought on this topic? And what option is
>> the best?
>> [1]:!topic/mongoose-users/aafbOnHonkI
>> [2]:
>> --