From Alexander Broekhuis <>
Subject Re: Remote service using shared mem
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:11:28 GMT
2013/9/27 Björn Petri <>

> On 09/18/2013 06:29 PM, Alexander Broekhuis wrote:
>> I checked it, and there are some small leftovers in the code. The proxy
>> still includes the rsa and also links with the library.
> How do you want to get rid of this dependency? The proxy needs to include
> definition of the remote_proxy_service as well as the rsa does. Do I miss
> something?

Since the proxy now uses the function pointer and only the service struct
of the RSA it only needs the header files (as far as I can tell). Also,
with the concept of bundles, and Celix not supporting code-sharing at this
point, bundles (actually the library in it) should never link to a library
of any other bundle.
Libraries are loaded locally, so the symbols aren't shared with others. So
this means that if you link with another bundle, at runtime there will be
unresolved references. Hence the need for services (structs with function
pointers) etc.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis