From Erik Jansman <>
Subject Re: event admin headers
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 16:08:50 GMT
Hello all,

That was a lot of feedback to read :).

on 8/12/2013 11:25 AM, Alexander Broekhuis wrote:

> Second remark/improvement: You now have included the service headers (ie
> the structs with function pointers), for implementation details I always
> try to make a private header as well, eg "event_admin_private.h" in which
> all functions are declared, instead of only functions pointers. For a user
> not relevant, but for a maintainer/implementor they are.
> Also for implementation details it might be worthwhile to check out the
> Felix implementation. For several parts of Celix I took the Felix
> implementation as a reference. They already have a working and proven
> solution for a long time, so why reinvent stuff when we can learn and take
> from a good reference.

I am working on the private headers with the function declarations. I
didn't think they would contribute to the discussion so i have left them
out. But I will have a look at the formatting and naming in the header
files. only in the constants I am unsure what to do with those since
they are part of the spec (113.12.5 public interface EventConstants).

On 08/13/2013 08:44 AM, Alexander Broekhuis wrote:
> Hi all,
> Interesting results, but before rushing to details regarding this
> research.. Wouldn't it be a good idea to take a look at the performance of
> the latest release?
> Especially since the Felix framework itself is now on 4.2, and not 4.0. The
> event admin doesn't seem to be updated, but if there was a big difference
> between running the Felix Event Admin on Felix or Knopflerfish, it might be
> interesting to see what is does now.
> Also, did you ask on the Felix mailing list? Just curious if anyone over
> there is familiar with your research, and maybe working on improving the
> Event Admin.
> Regarding the test bundle, would it a good idea if we port it to Celix as
> well? Perhaps Erik can use it to test his implementation :).
For the implementation I have taken a look at the Felix version and I
will continue to do so but seeing this discussion I makes me unsure if
it's the right thing to do. I would like to see the test bundle and if
possible more of the test results regarding Felix and Knopflerfish so I
can better understand what is being tested and how.

View raw message