From Sascha Zelzer <>
Subject Re: event admin headers
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:32:20 GMT

I thought this might be of interest to you guys:

When I implemented the event admin spec in C++ for the CTK Plugin
Framework, I also literally took the Felix Java implementation and
translated it to C++ (including the fancy stuff like sending
asynchronous events in parallel and blacklisting handlers given a
certain timeout). After the implementation, I did a performance test of
the event admin (from Felix, Equinox, Knopflerfish, and CTK) and found
out that Felix performed the worst. This might be due to the more
complex implementation (related to blacklisting etc.) but I didn't
review the other Java implementations enough.

I attached screenshots of the diagrams showing some numbers (The
Knopflerfish event admin was by far the best performing) . The used
versions are:

Knopflerfish 3.4.0 with the packaged Event Admin bundle (version 3.0.7)

Eclipse Equinox as provided in Eclipse 3.7 together with the Eclipse
Event Admin bundle (version 1.2.100)

Felix Framework (version 4.0.3) with the Felix Event Admin bundle
(version 1.3.2).