From Erik Jansman <>
Subject Google summer of code event admin
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2013 18:26:33 GMT

It has been quite a while since I wrote something for the mailing-list
while I actually should. Sorry about that.

So as some might know I have been working on the event admin
implementation for Google summer of code. I have been working on this
for the last 6 weeks with Pepijn as my mentor, during this time we have
had weekly meetings and discussions about the work done and to be done.
Due to some misunderstandings of the specifications the progress has
been a little bit slower and I have taken a step back.

So what have I done, well according to issue CELIX-48[1] I have to the
event admin as described in the specification. In order to do that have
a version control in which Pepijn can also see what I am doing I have
created a repository on Bitbucket [2] in which almost all the work is
available. Development is done in the develop branch and the main branch
will contain working functionality and I'll create tags as soon as
interesting features are there.

Code-wise I have created the header files based on the specs which I'll
put up for discussion tomorrow, I have started on the event admin
implementation for which the most basic functionality is done at this
point, It can be called to post and send an event which results in
printing some text, and I started work on an event publisher to
demonstrate the working of post en send event.

Erik Jansman