From Mohammad Nour El-Din <>
Subject Re: [ CELIX ]: Contributing
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 15:14:32 GMT
Hi Jorge

    Nice to see you on the mailing list ;)

What I suggest you to do is to JIRA at [1], create an account for JIRA if
you don't already have one, look if there is already a JIRA issue related
to the work you have done, if not create one and give it some good
description then attach a patch to it and eventually someone with commit
rights should pick it up, review it and then commit it for you

If there is already a JIRA related to what you have done just attach the
patch file it

In either case also add a comment explaining what you have done in the
patch. I would also be much better you besides that you send an e-mail to
this mailing list explaining the changes you have made, any impacts if any,

For the license header thing, you are basicly right, but the committer who
will pick you patch should also review these aspect and give you a feedback
and by time you will learn ;). It is also good to read [2] for general
information about contribution

Have fun ;)

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Jorge SM <> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I´m Jorge. I was trainee at Thales not so far (my supervisor was Pepijn
> Noltes, already member of Celix) and I would like to contribute myself my
> work done in Thales. Giving more info of my work, I started an
> implementation of the ConfigAdmin Service. I'd like if anyone can teach me
> how to solve the problem of licenses and what shall I do to give freely my
> work to the community, I'm newbie in all this and I don´t have it clear
> yet, I´m only aware, please correct me if I' wrong, that I´m have to
> include a specific block text at the beginning of every header file, in any
> case with your help you will show what to do and what is best.
> Friendly greetings,
> Jorge

- Mohammad Nour
- Albert Einstein