From Mohammad Nour El-Din <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Preparation for a (Mini) Apache Celix Hackathon
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:46:52 GMT
Ah forgot to say that the mini-hackathon will be posted on [1] and the
places are limited so please go ahead create an account (if you don't
already have one) register to the group (if you are not already) and once
the post is announced publicly please go and register saying the you are

Very looking forward to meet the Celix gurus :)

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din <> wrote:

> Hi
>    You didn't have to CC me I am already subscribed to the Celix mailing
> list ;)
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Pepijn Noltes <>wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> Together with Mohammed Nour I am planning a Mini Hackathon session for
>> Apache Celix @ Thales on the 30th of june. The focus of the Hackathon
>> will be remote services and we hope to get many people interested to
>> join the session to get interested in Apache Celix and/or OSGi.
>> One of the discussion Nour and I had was about what should we ask, in
>> terms of preparation, to make this session a success. We already
>> created a intro with some links to the Apache Celix website, OSGi
>> introduction and the remote services/remote service admin
>> specification.
>> Should we also expect people to already download and build Celix or
>> should we leave this as a starting exercise? Do we need to provide
> That is a good idea for newbies like me, although doing this step before
> going there would be better to learn a new thing
>> some additional links about C (it is not the most popular programming
>> language ....)?
> Sure it is :D (at least for me) but there is a lot of books out there and
> links and it would be nice to give some hints how or from where did Celix
> developers got an hands on experience on developing in C I mean behind the
> level of just knowing the syntax
> As a general idea I would also suggest adding such information on Celix
> website as part of the Getting Started section
> Wdyt ?
>> Any thoughts?
>> Thanks,
>> Pepijn